NuHub, an initiative of EngenuitySC, is an integral part of South Carolina’s efforts to create the foundations of a knowledge economy.
In working to diversify the state’s current primary economic dependence on manufacturing, agriculture and tourism, EngenuitySC is leading efforts to establish Columbia as a center of alternative energy and clean technology. Columbia has already invested heavily in creating a world-class environment for the commercialization of fuel cell technologies and NuHub will look to expand this economic development strategy to include sources of clean technology and innovation in nuclear energy, where significant opportunity exists.
NuHub is a consortium of public, private, higher education and business development interests that share the common goal of maximizing the economic and job creation impact of the nuclear renaissance on the Midstate of South Carolina.
- Position the Midstate as a leader in nuclear energy innovation
- Maximize the economic and job creation impact of the nuclear renaissance on the Midstate
- Develop world class innovators and a strong workforce for the nuclear economy
- Recruit and retain nuclear scientists, entrepreneurs, innovators and suppliers to make South Carolina a preeminent location for the nuclear economy
- Build the Midstate’s reputation as a global leader in nuclear training and develop an international training center
- Establish the Midstate of South Carolina as a hub for small modular reactor (SMR) activity
Congress Passes Unconventional Nuclear Power Bill